Thursday, December 9, 2010

My favorite part of the day

Besides bedtime that is... I just love either meeting Rylan at the bottom of our driveway or (most often) at the top. He runs all the way up with a smile so huge. He noticed the camera so wasn't as smiley as usual but, normally he is so giddy to get up to me. He hugs and kisses me and never wants to let go. This has been a tough year for him. I home taught(played) with him last year and this year his anxiety has been high. He wont let us drive him to school. He HAS to take the bus. When I asked him why, he explained that it is too hard for him to watch us go away from him. Aw. He doesn't eat breakfast in the mornings because he is so nervous, but has a wonderful time when he is at school. Next week is his student of the week/ week. We worked for hours on his timeline. Photos and events from each year of his life. The day that he presents his timeline, parents get to come in and have lunch with their child. Guess what....he wont let me come! I am art docent (luckily with 2 other women) and he wont let me come! His explanation? It will be too hard for him unless he can leave with me right afterwards. Or he'll want to sit with me. It's sweet but....sad for this mama who has separation issues as well!

Heres a little video of my sweet boy. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So go sit with him! I love going to have lunch with my kids at school. It's neat to watch them shine with all the attention, and I enjoy getting to see their friends and classmates interact. Hmmmm . . . I wonder if Jared would let me come eat with him in the Commons? :-)