Saturday, December 11, 2010

2 Christmas parties in one night!

We spent the night at mama Sandras last night. We woke up late and headed home just in time to get ready and leave for our Wards Christmas party. I was a little hesitant to bring Mae because the story tonight was The GRINCH! If I haven't mentioned it before, Mae happens to be very frightened of the Grinch. She watched about 3 minutes of the Jim Carrey version, months ago and can't seem to shake the image (it was the onion biting scene). When she needs to go potty or to bed, she will ask us to come in with her because "MR. GRINCH is in there"!!
She was actually enthralled once she saw him. It was so fun for her to see all the fun costumes and hairdo's . (see above Cindy Lou Who)
Still.....when it came down to it... she just wouldn't go to him. She even had me walk all the way up to him with her and then turned away at the last minute.
I love this last photo. Just look at her face. This is as close as she got. And now as I write this, she is next to me, jib jabbering away about how scary the Grinch was, but how she knows he is nice deep down.
Next, we had to rush to our friends Christmas party. I had no idea there would be 50+ people there. Mostly baseball and football parents, so it was great to reconnect. We were seriously, the ONLY people not drinking. This I know, because to keep busy, I kept picking up after everyone.

We ended up being the last to leave. Andrea is a dear friend of mine and her and her husband will be long time friends I know. I love that she is also a dr. and supports naturopathy as well as modern medicine.
We are such great friends. It's so neat when you meet someone and it just clicks. We are fortunate to get to see each other often.
Upstairs in the "game room" we were impressed by Toms life size Star Wars action figure. Tom....you truly are a Star Wars nerd but we still love you.
After a long night, we are home and resting up for all the events next week! This has been the busiest December I can ever remember. Merry Christmas!

No comments: