Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just another flower picker

So, I have been an avid sunflower over eater since I was knee high. I can eat em faster than most baseball players and still do other tasks at the same time. Yah...I'm that good.
When my children were little, I had to crack every shell for them. It took so much time and self control. I really wanted that hard earned nut inside! They adored them and all 5 never would never settle for the pre-shelled variety. It was so sweet tonight, as I began shelling my sunflower seeds, Mae crawled up on my lap, eager for a tutorial to "do it herself". For a straight hour, she shelled her own seeds. This may seem silly to you, but I look for every little sign that yes, indeed, she is her mamas daughter.
Guess what....she is in every way.
Ps- I love ALL my other children as well, just in case you were wondering.

No comments: