Monday, December 13, 2010

Crabaholic?

Oooh, just looking at the above photo makes me want another!! So, it doesn't help that Central Market has fresh cooked (every hour) local dungeness crab on sale for 4.99 a lb!
I know you know by now that crab is my all time favorite food, but did you know that I have a ritual when I eat it? First, no one can be around me (except Shane, he doesn't care for it), second, I have to have the perfect butter (Land O Lakes) with just the right amount of freshly squeezed lemon, and lastly....I have a whole bento boxish thing going on.
I have a big white casserole dish that neatly holds my crab, butter and room for the shells.
I first had crab at 5 years old. This is when we still lived down in Sun Valley, Idaho and mom and dad took me with them to a fancy restaurant. That night changed my life. Every birthday, special event, etc. had to involve crab. It did help that we lived in Alaska for 6 years growing up, but i'll never forget my first bite of crab. If it isn't fresh, I wont eat it. Shane said to me tonight, "either we are going to litter your headstones with crab shells, or we'll throw you into the sea and let the crab have their revenge". :) Nevertheless....I adore the creatures and will continue to eat em up at every chance available.

1 comment:

Erika said...

I love it too, but not the the extent you do.