Thursday, July 1, 2010

Text again.....blah blah #4


Okay, this not having photos to share kind of thing is really starting to get to me for a couple of reasons. 1, so many amazing things to share via photos and 2...the amount of catch up that I am going to have to do because let's face it..this blog has replaced my daily journal and I plan on printing up this blog into books someday. Don't worry, I haven't just been sitting here, taking it!
I went into the photomat today to print them all up so that I could scan them. Cost to print them all up? 185.00. Why? Because I have over 1500 photos on my little memory card. Why oh WHY do they make memory cards so ginormous?? And I have to have them all because, well...they need to be released someday right? If I want to just get a cd, well, I can't. I have to buy 6! Anyhow...I am still on the hunt for the cord(s) or other camera to upload my photos. Have one?
I was able to copy a photo from facebook to show my little Nathan on his pioneer trek(back left with hat and red bandana). I was so excited to see him afterwards, that we drove straight from the Port Townsend show (more on that later) to Silverdale, two hours early even to see him in what I expected to be dire straits. Dirty, crying and oh so happy to see his mama. Weylll....it didn't exactly go that way. Does it ever? My awnry teenager came back...hm....awnry. I ran up to him, expecting a hug and he of course obliged half heartedly and then announced that it was terribly easy and proceeded to get upset with his brothers. Right where he left off. So, he is a trooper and a special guy and made it through alive even though he did wander off with a friend and find a black widow..shock!
As for the PT show...hm.....it was interesting. I have many wonderful photos to share....trust me...no I do! PT is a sleepy town and I wont be leaving the Island anytime soon to do another show. No real shoppers came until after noon. The hall was very dark and it was so beautiful outside that about 10 of the artists decided to move onto the lawn outside. Sad fact....the customers started coming and didn't shop at the outside booths. I was lucky and pulled in over 300.00, but some artists didn't even make a sale. It was their choice to move outside. So be it.
I did run into a friend I hadn't seen since I was 18 in Idaho. I was up at the farmers market (amazing) passing out flyers and he turned around. It took a minute, but we just kept hugging, happy to have run into each other again. I have been very blessed to have so many close relationships. Relationships that have lasted since elementary school. Redge and I were very good friends right after my mom died and he really helped me through a lot of boyfriend issues (his best friend) and family issues. Anyhow...interesting weekend.

Happy summer to everyone!

2 comments:

Erika said...

get a friend who knows how to burn cd's on their home computer...take some cd's and do it there for a fraction of the cost. I'd offer, but I don't know how (dvd's hold more). You don't need the cord to upload photos...take the card out and put it into the slot, then keep them on the computer.

Kate said...

I wish I could, but I still need to be able to upload. I don't have a pc that I can plop the memory card into, but soon with the Apple laptop on it's way. I won it on Ebay for just 300.00, and am super excited!