Monday, July 26, 2010

He's leaving....on a jet plane...

Well to be correct.....he has already left. Boo hoo. Seriously though, I am a baby. Just being at the airport and getting him off on his own, made this mama tear up more than a few times. I know it's safer than driving, but it still FEELS like he is going farther away and longer than 2 weeks.
Saturday morning, the phone rang around 8am and on the caller ID, my dads number came up.
Shane and I both thought someone had died. If you have been keeping up with this chaotic life of mine, than you know that my dad and I haven't spoken in nearly a year and a half due to reasons, I do not want to get in to. Well, since my little sister Haley (18) always calls me from her cell phone, it wasn't too crazy for us to assume something horrible had happened. As it turned out, my dad wanted to take Myron on an extreme jeep trip in the Colorado mountains for a week. This is what rich old men do when their kids are out of the house and they do or dont have a wife to nag them about it. They get their "posse" of other like minded/looking individuals and go out "jeepin". He has taken several of us (not me actually) out before and from what I hear, it's more like getting "stuckin", because that's all that happens. I don't know the thrill in this, but it sure seems to knock his socks off at his ripe old age of 56. ANY how.....I gave Myron the decision. He had been preparing for a 250 mile, week long bike trip with his scout troop and his braces were scheduled to be installed this week. Believe me, he is really bummed about the second event. He was so excited to fly and called me the minute he landed and again, just a little while ago to "talk". He described the amazing lightning storm that is so amazing where my dad lives. Right in the Snake River Canyon with the lightning hitting all over the sky, just up on the ridge. A skunk was following him and the air was hot and sweet. We love you Myron and can't wait to get you home again. Have fun!

No comments: