Thursday, July 29, 2010

Orthodontist- Trip two


I am really liking that we found this orthodontist in Seattle. Now we are able to take these mini trips together and see what we can find. Nathan was fitted with his spacers today. Little black bands that are fitted on his back molars to cause a little extra space for his braces. They will be put on August 12th. His mouth is already sore and he has to have them on longer than the standard week because of his upcoming 250 mile bike ride trip with his scout troop. Soon, he will have a mouth of metal!

As usual, we made a dash for the Goodwill Outlet. I found a Vintage Fisher Price cabin for .50.
I haven't decided whether or not I want to start reselling my finds. I know that Vintage Fisher price can go for quite a pretty penny, so we'll see. I ended up with quite a few things and ended up spending just 9.30. They charge you by the lb at the outlet. As I was leaving, I nearly lost my breath at the sight of this amazing painting. I thought it was for sale and at Goodwill outlet prices, maybe for under 10.00 even! I was so excited, I couldn't hardly contain myself and asked the closest Goodwill worker how much it was. Sadly, it belonged to a shopper. He pointed to a tall, shabby looking African American man. I approached him and asked him about the painting. Apparently he painted it! I asked him the price, 300.00! He wouldn't accept a check, just cash, so I gave him my info and I am really hoping that he will get a hold of me. I have a feeling that he might be homeless, although, how in the world could he create such a masterpiece?
Amazing Urban art, reflective of our city streets. I love/HAVE to have it. I offered to sell his art at my store. I really hope that he contacts me.
Once again...we RACED to Nathans ortho apt with seconds to spare. I always forget about traffic.
Afterwards, we hit the Goodwill NON outlet on our way to the ferry. I REALLY wanted this mirror below, but not for 39.99. I just can't justify spending that much on one item at a thrift store.
I did end up finding a great bike for Brennan for just 25.00 with a 20% off discount because the chain has a lag when you pedal. Minor fix. All in all, I spent 62.43 at Goodwill and walked away with tshirts for the boys (they like the random vintage ones), Vintage books (looked up the values and I estimate them at over 100.00), some care bears for Mae, sports gear and bike gear.


Great day, but I am happy to be home. I am battling the flu right now and todays adventure might set me back, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those teeth look like an "after" shot, not a "before" shot! Are you sure he needs braces?

Great finds, and that painting is amazing. I hope he contacts you, too!

Kate said...

I know..I wonder that myself. The ortho says that he has crowding and blah blah blah. He gets headaches regularly and the ortho thinks braces will help.