Sunday, August 1, 2010

This weeks thrift find!



I collect a LOT of books, this we know. I have a full set of these books for myself. They are vintage Value Tales from the 70's. See a description HERE. I was thrifting yesterday at our local Goodwill and came across this set of Value Tales. First edition, like new condition...large.
I almost want to keep them for myself. My own set is a mix of used/slightly used/okay condition. Finding a like new condition is very rare. I listed them on Ebay last night, but then pulled them to list them individually on Amazon. Amazon charges quite a bit, something like 40% of the sale price, but I can charge more and the chance of selling them is better. We'll see how it goes. Some books in the series are worth more than others so this might be a more profitable way to go about it. I listed around 50 more books tonight and will then work on the rest of my listings throughout the weekend. Another idea I have, is slowly turning my store into a vintage book store that sells indie handmade crafts also. This way, I am not relying on my consignment percentages to run the store.
Lots to think about. What do you think?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Those books sound like the Joy School values...are they by the Eyres?

I'm not so sure you'd get as much business in a vintage book store. Maybe have a small section dedicated to vintage books and continue with your indie crafts. Online really seems like a better way to sell books.

Kate said...

You don't think so? I will start selling a small amount and then see where it goes. See you tomorrow!