Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What my husband does for fun


All is quiet.....I am reading and enjoying my book. Where is my husband I wonder? I knew he was watching football highlights but I don't hear the tv. I wander out to see what has become of him and I hear him talking. I look out the window, and the above photo is what I see.
Nevermind that the cat is in the house and has plenty of food in the laundry room, where she eats. There are raccoons on the deck, obviously baited by my husband, and my husband is coaxing them to come up and eat. We have had a nice long 3 year break from these animals because of Midnight and now that Midnight (our dog) is gone, they have figured it out and come to visit on a nightly basis. I was encouraged to come out but as soon as 4, yes4 appeared within a 3 ft distance from my body...I sensed a danger that said husband obviously felt invulnerable to.
It took a ear bleeding screech, and a near fight to send me running into the house for safety, and yet......brave husband is still out there. His quote for tonight......"this is better than national geographic". Really Shane......come on. This is Washington!
Oh well.....he could have worse habits.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

He and my father-in-law should get together and share techniques! I think Morgan feeds them bread. We were over there one night and about 6 showed up under the front window, begging for their nightly snack. Crazy!

Erin said...

Oooo...that picture gave me the willies. The one on the far left looks like he's snarling.