Friday, October 2, 2009

Best Birthday ever


Thanks Marianne!
I awoke in the morning to find the house decorated with my party flags. Honestly, it is going to be hard letting these go. They have already been used in 3 birthdays. I will be selling them at our Nov. show and I can't rave enough about them. Machine washable, durable, awesome.
Shane also made me a cedar "I love you" sign while at work. Best present ever.
Mae, Rylan and I went to Central Market and picked out flowers for Jenny. Jenny put together a sweet luncheon with friends to celebrate the day. Marianne.....where are the photos?!
For dinner, Shane took me to my favorite restaurant, Shima. The Rehders joined us. It has been a tradition for a few years now. Usually it is just Pam and I, but it was so nice to have Ed , Regen (who lives here now) and Kenley join us. They are the closest thing I have to family here. They have by far known me the longest of anyone besides family. They were family friends when we lived in Alaska and after we had moved here, they came to visit. A couple of years after that.....they moved here for good. It is so special to me to have them still in my life.
The Bento box is my favorite thing to order, along with Eel Asparagus roll and Nasu Gengaku, which is an eggplant appetizer with the most amazing sweet miso sauce.
After dinner, Shane attempted a photo of us girls. Niiice, but what can ya do?

It was a wonderful birthday with special gifts found in the mailbox, lots of calls and beautiful flowers sent by my godmother.
It has been very surreal realizing that I am now in my "mid" 30's. No more "early" 30's anymore.
Life is good and keeps getting better with age.

No comments: