Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Run like the wind.......or until the wind is out of you?

Answers come sooner than you think. I'll get to that in a minute. After a very inspiring dinner with a couple of families on Sunday, I haven't been able to get "running" off my mind. In the spirit of starting new things, I have also made a goal to run at least 7 miles a week. The first step was to head over to Poulsbo running and get fitted for running shoes. My good friend stressed the importance of this. They were great over there and after trying on several pairs of shoes and doing some "faux" running, I found a great pair for just over a hundred dollars. I have NEVER spent that much on shoes. I am very thrifty, but they feel incredible and it is extra incentive to get my butt out there!
After taking the boys to football, I headed over to the track. Online there is a great website called RunnersWorld.com and they help you design a good run schedule. Mine starts with 2 miles today, rest tomorrow, 2 miles on Thursday, and a long run (3miles) on Saturday to start. It was ccccoold outside tonight, but perfect weather for running. 8 laps around the track and I wanted to quit at 5, but I stayed at it, determined to make that 2 mile mark. I ran the straight-aways and walked the curves the first 5 and by the 6th, I was running 3/4 of the lap and feeling good.
I had Nathan take a "fat photo" of me. I hate the photo below and never show the real me if I know people that knew me skinny might see, but oh well. Here we go!
B of M moment - No.....that doesn't sound nice does it? I'll think of a better clue word for this section. Okay, so I am starting on 2nd Nephi tomorrow. Surprisingly, I am ahead of schedule and loving it. I find that reading aloud to myself helps me to absorb it better. I only got stuck today once and that was on the "whore" reference. I was like,..."who's this whore". After reading more it explained itself as usual. Damn my impatience! Hope you're keeping up! Share those stories and ponderings!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! Good for you, two miles of running on your first try. It's taken me weeks to get up to two miles. Keep up the good work...on running and reading.

Corey said...

Way to go! Look at you starting New Year's Resloutions early! Very inspiring on how we should try and improve ourselves everyday. We wish you all the best on reaching all your goals!

Erin said...

You rock Katie! Way to go....I've always wanted to be a runner, but for whatever reason, my body doesn't work that way. Keep up the awesome job!