Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bellingham

I don't have too much to write about. My dad bought my single brothers this big house in Bellingham about 7 years ago while they were going to college. Now, my dad just lets Greg live there rent free until he decides what he wants to do with it. Lucky Greg! My dad would like us to move into it, but we'll see what happens. It needs A LOT of work although it has 5 bedrooms, 3 bath, 2 livingrooms etc. It is quite the bachelor pad/vacation home for us. :)
Greg and his girlfriend of 4 years, Kelly. Kelly and I love to cook, so you can imagine how much fun we have together. I love cooking for my little brother. He is quite the gourmand as well, so it is fun trying new foods every time we come visit. This time it was fresh Sockeye salmon with garlic, fresh sweet corn and yummy little yukon potatoes fried with a little olive oil. Oh, and Mexican gulf shrimp that was cooked in the shells. Kelly and I devoured these later at night just the two of us. Yum.

There are some fun things about Gregs. He has two "normal" dining room chairs and then 2 office chairs at his dining table. We never see the kids, they are always downstairs playing video games or skateboarding outside. The bathrooms are....well......let's just say, I found a beer bottle in the shower. Why? Dunno. The posters on the walls. The fact that he set up a balloon, volleyball court in one of the rooms for the boys by putting tape across the room.
He is missing several key pieces of a normal kitchen. His oven is the smallest I have ever seen and I can't read the numbers on it.
All we do is do..........nearly nothing. It's great.

Mae loves to just stare at Greg unless Greg is walking and then she is following him everywhere.
This is the part of the house that you can see from the road. Very 80's
The best part about visiting is spending time with my little (25) year old brother. I just adore him and his imagination and loving personality. Love you Greg. xoxo
I guess I had more to write about than I thought!

1 comment:

Laurene Ross said...

How fun to have family so close and just hang with him. Love the food! Yum!