Saturday, February 28, 2009

911 call ~ Part 2



The photo above is from last night. Yeah, that's right, that's how WE do Friday nights.
Don't be skurred. I learned my own little lesson about calling 911. Remember this?
Well, last night Rylan came into my bedroom teasing me that he had "lost" his arm in a battle.
Of course, I played into it with him and said "oh, no, we'd better call 911 so that he'd think I really believed him. So, I picked up the phone and dialed 911 and then turned the phone off IMMEDIATELY. Well, apparently the phone doesn't need to ring to connect with a 911 operator.
To my surprise, I received a phone call back asking why I hung up and if I was free to speak.
Needless to say, Rylan (and everyone else) got a big kick out of this. I figured it was only a matter of time before the po po showed up at my door. Sorry if my gangsta talk is throwing you off. I have seen cops one too many times and at this point, I feel like a convict. We now have a record with the department of all our calls. When the officer came up, she was very suspicious. Still, she didn't get that I had called as a joke. Again...embarrassment. Yes, I was tricking my son and gee what a great mom I sounded like eh? Now i'm Canadian. Anyhow...it was funny and the officer was gracious enough to let me photograph her. Thank you Bainbridge Police.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

You better hope that you never really NEED the Bainbridge police, because after 2 false alarms, they're going to start accussing you of "crying wolf." And from what I've seen of little Mae, I won't be surprised if she learns to dial 911 soon. :-)

Kate said...

I love you Brooke. You know exactly where I am!

Jill said...

oh my lol! :)