Monday, February 9, 2009

Latedate.

Yes, that's update.....only later. Get it? Yes....I know, I am clever. Sunday was a very busy day.
As we were leaving for church in the morning, Myron got his pinky finger slammed in the door, which rendered him useless for church. Boy am I a sucker. Shane stayed to lick his wounds.
Sucker again! When we arrived back at home, Myron had a beautiful little paper towel and scotch tape bandaid on that Dr. Dad had made. I was however, overjoyed to return to a spotless house.
Usually coming home after church, we meet the front door with an ugh. Ugh when we remember the tornado we created before we left that morning. Does this mean that Shane has a free ticket to stay home anytime he wants? No, but let's just say that he isn't going to meet his normal wall of opposition if he needs to for some reason. So....for a child that stays home from church, or actually any child at all on a Sunday shouldn't be watching tv, playing games etc. For Shane...not only did he get to play hooky (sp?) he was able to go to a friends house AND watch the football game. M and Shane had been eagerly waiting for this game, so this was a special occasion. G and I just hung out and talked around the table. The talking won me my new partner for the Indie Banditas Bazaar, so I am very excited about that. After lunch, game and other no no's, we had to scoot to our next event. Miss Nora's birthday. If every Sunday, we can plan like this, I will be a most happy camper. Two meals for free and lovely conversation. Nora and Mae are about the sweetest little friends in the world. Here are few photos and a video or two. Nora is like another daughter to me. I love her sweetness, her kindness and the special little spirit that comes out when she smiles. I remember R and I, 4 years ago sitting on the grass in the backyard talking about having little girls and how special that would be if we ever did and they were friends. Little did we know how very close they would be. Right after R gave birth to Nora, she called me immediately from the hospital to tell me she had had a girl. I was screaming and hopping up and down with excitement. Later that day, I had my own ultrasound to find out the sex of my child and then visit R. I walked into her room after finding out and said "R, it's a girl"!!! She said "I know, I know" and looked down at Nora. I said "No, R....(pointing at my tummy) it's a girl"!!!
I still find it so amazing that we both found out we were having girls on the same day. Ever since I first laid eyes on Nora, I loved her. She has always had these very knowing eyes. I feel so blessed to be part of her life. I love you Nora, my girl.
Sorry the photos are so dark. My camera batteries went dead and I had to use the camcorder.
I should get clearer photos uploaded when R emails them to me.

2 comments:

Jill said...

The girls are so cute! I'm so glad you found a new partner for the bazaar! I'm really looking forward to it :)

Mellen Family said...

Hi Shane, my name is Kim. I am your cousin. You were a few years younger than me. I think I am Toby's age. I remember you and Toby and one of the little sisters, I think her name was rachael. I checked out your blog, it looks like you have a cute little family. Grandma talks about you all the time. I'm glad you found her. It was good to see how well you are doing. Take care, Kim