Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Late Valentines Day


Well, the actual Valentines Day was pretty uneventful, but the two days before Valentines Day was pretty fun. Here we are at Brennans classroom party. He was so cute taking Mae around to all his friends to show her off. He held her the entire time we were there and while playing a game, I asked him if I should take her so he could play and he said "no way". I enjoy going into the kids classrooms and getting to see what my little guy does all day out of my sight. It is always fun going to Brennans school because of all the little girls that have crushes on him. They all come up and hug me and tell my all the latest gossip and what Brennan is up to. This year he received 3 anonymous love letters. Too cute.
Okay, so for the "real" Valentines Day. For Valentines Day, Shane let me go to
this place to buy fabric. I love buying fabric and now I have a purpose for it all. I can't announce it now, but my friend and I are making some amazing things that we are hoping to sell to boutiques and at the bazaar. She is an amazing seamstress and I can't wait to work with her on these. Also, I was permitted to attend the book sale ALONE. This was such a great gift. I was able to get some really beautiful books, to keep, and a few to sell. My score was an old 1920's ballet book with photos. I really slacked with the kids. I bought them each a cheap heart box of chocolate and that's it. I am not really so much into Valentines Day. I didn't even make them cards, which they grumbled about later. I hadn't realized that they even cared anymore.
Oh well, they get enough "because" notes to satisfy their "does mommy love me" moments.
Instead of our tradition of making a fancy dinner for Valentines Day (my mothers tradition), which I have honored ever since she died, we bought take out. We had grand plans made with a few other couples to have a game night together at one of the couples houses, but of course, two of the couples children weren't feeling well (one of which was ours) and we had to reschedule for next week.
So......all in all, a very uneventful Valentines Day! Is it me or are these smaller holidays really lacking their luster? Maybe everyone is starting to figure out what REALLY matters.
Well.....one can hope.

No comments: