Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Books and film.



First.......this film. I watched it last night and guess what....so did Shane! Normally Shane refuses to watch anything that he was to read. This has been hard for me because I adore foreign films.
This film was adorable, sweet, funny....WONDERFUL!! I will watch it again tonight.
The below book is Rylans favorite book at the moment. He has to have it read to him every night.
Bunny My Honey......aaagh. Sorry,....this is now Mae's favorite book. She wants it read to her all day all night. I have to hide the book to get any kind of peace. She giggles when the mommy calls her baby "bunny my honey" and now she is fussing as I am typing because she can see the photo.
Myron has started this Warriors series. The funny thing is, I bought it for Brennan, but of course it piled up with all of the other books and got lost in the shelf. He is really enjoying it.
Brennan is so excited about this book, that he requests more time every night to read more and wakes up in the morning to read again.
Nathan is reading this Twilight series and is on the second. I haven't read the second yet, but because he is such a surprise spoiler, I already know a lot that has happened and have lost the desire to read it.
Now on to MY books! These are 2 of the 5 that I am reading. I know, I feel as though I am cheating on my other books, but these are AMAZING! This first book is lost in my house right now, so I hate even talking about it. I'd read it all in a night if I could find it. I am half way through as it stands. It's all about food. I love love love this book.
This book is great as well. I am so into food and cooking right now that these books are really satisfying my culinary desires.

I want to share the books we are reading for two reasons.
  • Sometimes it is hard to find books that the kids haven't read yet and will love.
  • I would love to hear back from everyone about what they are reading as well.

That's it for now. Hello to all the new family that have decided to visit. We are excited to share our lives with you.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

My Nathan read the Twilight series, too. I haven't and probably won't. And he still loves the Warriors series. Kylie really got into the Inkheart series, too. Jillian is reading all the Ramona and Nancy Drew books. She's definitely got my taste. It's so fun to see her enjoying the books I loved as a kid. I'm hoping I can get her hooked on the Anne of Green Gables series soon, since Kylie wouldn't go for it.

I'm currently not reading anything! Surprise, I know. I have a book I'll probably start, but I don't know much about it so I don't know if it's any good. I'm waiting for "The Book Thief" from the library. I think I'm up to #5 or 6 on the wait list. I'm really looking forward to reading it! I've got a good memoir for you after you read the 5 you're working on..."Riding the Bus With My Sister". OK, I could go on all day about books...