Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yay for fat

I am feeling oh so yay for fat today. After a long extensive ultrasound, (if you have seen the size of my jugs, you will understand why), the radiologist determined that the lump was nothing but a fat globule and would probably go away on it's own when I was finished nursing. What is strange is that after 13 years and 5 children, I have never had one before, but who's complaining? Not I. After my apt, I had to run around Poulsbo to try to find more football gear for Brennan. Thank heavens he is the only one of my boys playing football this year or I would be in the poorhouse by now. He needed a girdle to hold in all of his pads, rib protection and a cup. You'd think with all of these boys that I'd have cups lying around left and right, but mysteriously they all disappear after the seasons over. I think the sock monster that eats all our socks likes to munch on jock straps and cups now. Today is a hot one. The air is hot and stale in the house and I haven't even cooked yet. It is going to be unbearable after I make dinner. The good thing is that we leave right after dinner so, we're all good until we get home at 8. Tonight I am making chicken curry with coconut milk, curry powder, tomatoes, jalepeno and carrots.
I forgot to stop by whole foods to get some naan, so i'll substitute with fried tortillas tonight.
I am a movie freak, those that are close to me know that. I usually watch at least one movie a night before bed. I am going to start listing them in my blog instead of typing up my reviews seperately on my other site like I have been. Last night I watched "Secret" with David Duchovny. It was okay. I mean, out of 10 it's probably a 4. I love David Duchovny's acting, but the movie just wasn't as intense as I thought it would be. David plays a father that almost loses his wife and daughter in a car accident. As they both go into cardiac arrest the wife's body dies but her spirit enters her daughters body. The daughter survives and although the mothers spirit is inside her, somewhere the daughters spirit is still in there as well. Anyhow...not worth seeing. Another "okay" film is "Smart People" starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Dennis Quaid. It was a tragicly awkward film and definitely not these stars finest performances, or even close.
I give it a 4. A couple of very funny films were found recently. "Smiley face" is an indie masterpiece. I am a big sucker for stupid humor and really laughed at this film. The main character (can't remember her name) eats her psycho roomates pot brownies and stays high all day and some crazy things happen to her. The other great great film that is HILARIOUS is called " Death at a funeral". I will not spoil this film. It is so good.
That's all for now. I'd love to hear what films you love.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey, great minds think alike. I'm having chicken with coconut curry sauce tonight also. YUM!

Corey said...

I'm glad to hear that the lump is nothing to worry about. I had to laugh about your desire for a breat reduction, you should feel so fortuate, others of us would gladly take your "extras". LOL!

Kate said...

You think that Corey but..it's such a pain to have large breasts. I can't wait to have smaller breasts. It just goes to show, that no matter what size, we are never happy with our bodies!