Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just cuteness


I just had to pop on and share this photo. This is the perfect image I always had in my head of what having a daughter would look like. She is sugar and spice and everything nice.
As much as I love my sons, and you know I do, there is just something so special about having a daughter. I get to share the same things my mother shared with me, play dolls and make "pretty things" , teach values that were taught to me, cry and laugh about boy things and finally at the end of it all, be friends. Having Mae reminds me of how very much my mother loved me and how very much I loved my mom. She was beautiful, amazing, spiritual, fun and silly all rolled into one. She would have loved my kids and there really is an aching void here still from her leaving this world. I am very thankful that my family is an eternal one and that i'll see her soon enough.
Ciao!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

what a lovely ode to your mama. and what a LOVELY girl that mae is. I'm feeling similar feelings about annie...there's just something special about PINK! They really are sugar and spice...rosiness is another trait I give them.