Saturday, August 30, 2008

Last minute school shopping.....never a good idea


Apparently Bothell has gone semi pro in the way of crankin out talented football players. Every one of our football teams lost to Bothell today. The rookies, Brennan's team lost 6 to 25! It was fun to watch Brennan tackle and I think I may actually be starting to get this funny game called football. Go Bainbridge! I actually attempted some last minute school shopping today. Never a good idea, but the boys really needed shoes. Not just any shoes, Converse. So, I had to make the trip into Silverdale. Shane had to get back to work after the game and so I was on my own. I don't think I have had all 5 of the kids together without Shane since summer began. It was insane and we only went to two stores. Old Navy was down to nothing but luckily Target had the boys Converse. They are only 30 bucks a pair there. After our couple hours of shopping, it was clearly evident that we needed some park time. We stopped by the lovely Lions park in Poulsbo for about an hour and enjoyed some Sluys doughnuts and of course.....more football. Whatever the sport each season, my kids cannot get enough of it. They have to play it all the time. As I am typing, all of the boys and Shane are outside throwing the football. Anyhow, it was a crazy day but we made it work. Bad news.....I still have more school shopping to do. My own personal tip to myself for next time....do it alone!










No comments: