Monday, August 11, 2008

The mighty comeback

I am finally once again connected with the outside world. Thank you Comcast.....kind of. It's amazing how life slows down without tv, phone or internet. I am tempted to get rid of these things just to keep life at a normal pace. It wasn't a pain to go to the library to check emails and it was a nice break to not have telemarketers calling at dinner time. I don't know how I would do without my films though. This blog is nice to come back to. I was able to video tape Mae just learning to walk. It was a nice anniversary present for Shane and I. She is a walking fool now and has even learned to climb. We have to make sure all the chairs are on top of the table or else she will be in a matter of minutes. It's amazing how much babies grow and learn in a matter of days. Nathan returned from a 5 day 50 mile hike with the scouts up in the Olympics. I am so proud of him. The older boys couldnt stop talking about how strong he was and how he was always in the lead. His leaders said that he was a pleasure to be around and didn't complain once. I wish I could have seen him in action. When he was on the phone with his grandparents later that night, he told his grandpa that he read his scriptures every night and prayed to heavenly father to bless him with strength for the next day. He truly is a gift from god. Such a good example even though he can be difficult at home, it's moments like his conversation with his grandpa that make it all worthwhile. I made sure that when he returned that I had pizza, candy and soda pop. The first group of scouts that arrived gave me the heads up on what they wanted, so I rushed to the store and bought it, so happy for the opportunity to baby my baby that worked so hard and ate so little for the past 5 days. Myron went to Wenatchee for 3 days with his best friend and had a great time. He attended a crash derby/monster truck thing. He loved it and can't stop talking about it. I never knew Myron was into cars and such. Note to self, Myron IS into cars and crashing and all that jazz. Brennan starts football tonight. I didn't realize until the email today that practice will be EVERY night until the games start. 5:30-7:30 Monday thru Friday. So much for any more trips this summer. I attended a baptism on Saturday of a little girl that I taught in primary for 2 years. She asked me to talk on baptism and this was the first time I had ever given a talk. It went well and I was hardly even nervous. It was a great baptism and I felt honored to be a part of it. I think that's that it for catch up. Here are some photos that he let me take last night. My good friend owns a childrens boutique here on the Island called " Lollipops". She didn't have anyone to come in yesterday while she was on vacation and asked if I would work for her. She paid me in clothes, 30% off and so I picked some great outfits for Rylan and cute dresses for Mae that I would never even look at twice because of the price. I just love a good deal and it was so much fun working in the store around all the cute stuff. I let her know that anytime she needs help again, not to hesitate to call me! So here are some cute photos of Ry in one of his new outfits. That's it for now. Ciao!
This is the.."hurry mom and just take it, and no more photos" face.
The tornado that we call Mae
Cutie patootie
Mae's favorite things
raspberries, olives, watermelon
teddy bears, swings, ice cream
telephones, books, kitties

No comments: