Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun with lumps..not a Dr. Seuss book






I went into my new Dr. today after finally being approved by our insurance. She is amazing and fun and knowledgeable. It is going to be a great relationship. As soon as our medical cards arrived, I started calling and making myself appointments. It has been hard to get on insurance while Shane is self employed. In any case, man it feels good to be insured again. For only being 32, I have had some little hangups in the past couple of months. Today I went in for a large lump that I found in my breast last week. After examining me, the Dr. said it felt more like a cyst, but I need to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow morning just to make sure. It was a relief to hear that it didn't seem to be cancer. We started talking about my weight and my "apple" shape. Long skinny legs and chubby upper body, she said it could be an insulin rejection. When that happens fat gets stored in the upper part of the body....long story short. Anyhow, I am really excited to find out why I keep gaining weight and not eating much, it would be nice to get a little of my figure back at least. I also just found out today that our insurance covers breast reductions which I am totally on board with. Mae is our last baby and it is time. Shane was commenting today on how odd it is going to be to see me with smaller breasts and how none of my clothes would fit anymore. I started thinking about it and getting excited! I am also going to go ahead and get the gall bladder removed. Wouldnt it be great if this all could happen in the same day? Just get put to sleep all day and wake up with smaller breasts, no gall bladder and the cysts removed. That would be so wonderful, just get it all over with. Anyhow, I was tagged to list my busy day. Jenny, Corey, you're tagged as well. Here are some photos. Brennan in his football gear and the other sweet kids. -



Today

woke up 8:30

got ready, got kids ready, checked email, said goodbye to Myron and Brennan and left for Dr.

10 am- Dr. apt

11:30- lunch at BK (bleck) head for home

noon- clean up house, pop load of laundry in, feed dog, water plants, straighten kids room

1:30- put Mae down for nap and take cat nap

3- make lasagna and type up bids for Shanes work

5- eat dinner

5:30- take Brennan to football

6-pick nathan up from zacks

-7- take myron and nathan to church for scouts/ym

7:30- pick Brennan up from football

8- pick Myron and Brennan up

8:30- give Mae and Ry a bath and get jammies on

9- read and put them to bed....

10- older kids go to bed

10:30....Shane and I sit down and watch some television

12- I read

1- hopefully go to bed.

WOW! This is a typical day. It doesn't seem like much until you write it all down. K, my friends, if you have read this....it's your turn.

Goodbye

1 comment:

Corey said...

My days are always so busy, but by the end of the day I can never remember everything I actually did let alone what time they were done! Maybe when I'm a little more awake I'll attempt to do this TAG. I'm just falling asleep as I type! Better hit the sack!