Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yard sale treasures and feeling good

First of all, I just want to just say how much I love and adore my husband. Not only did he agree to me going yard sale shopping, he cleaned the house while I was gone! It was nearly spotless when I returned and couldn't refrain from kissing him over and over. He is amazing, sweet, hardworking and he's all mine. It looked so nice, that I had to take a photo!
(That and I can showcase the amazing mirror that my friend gave me and the 100 year old 1st edition dictionary and stand that I got today for 15$) Everyone that knows me knows how into books I am, so this was a MAJOR score for me! Bring it on Greg aka my scrabble buddy.

This is the kitchen, tada. I can't believe I am showing it this messy, but actually, it's cleaner than normal, especially while I am in the middle of cooking dinner. I am baking lasagna Bolognese tonight. It is an amazing recipe from my italian friend, Chantal. It takes 2 and a half hours just to cook the sauce, but Shane worked so hard today that I want to surprise him with a very special dish. Bon apetite!

Above is a fun photo that I took today. Rylan is playing piano and Mae is singing along, but Rylan isn't too happy that she is "ruining his song". Aren't little sisters the best!??
Below is my beautiful mirror that is getting ready to be hung by papa bear, but not before taking the classic mirror image photo. She thought it was too funny to see herself, her whole self. Look at those thighs!


Other news, Nathan actually cleaned his room! I know....miracles do happen. Myron is over at best friend Fergus's and Brennan just returned from his football jamboree in Renton! Apparently he is a pretty amazing player (this we knew) and scored the teams ONLY 3 touchdowns! Now, not only is this amazing.....but the games were only 10 minutes long. His position is half back. Shane is such the proud papa tonight and Brennan cannot stop talking about his "awesomeness". He hasn't taken all of his gear off in two weeks! Can you say diehard?
Keep it up Brennan, get that scholarship and make that money! Momma needs a new pair of shoes!
Ciao

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Your living room is beautiful! It changes every time I see it. I know I don't make it over very often, but I love how you are so into changing things around. I think mine has changed twice in the almost 9 years we've lived in our house, and now that we have the piano, there's no other way to move things around so they'll all fit!

Kate said...

Lets have a rearranging party!