Monday, August 18, 2008

And the rains came.........



I woke up this morning thinking it was too early to get up because it was so dark. I went back to sleep and slept until 10am! Thank you to my awesome husband for that. It started raining later in the afternoon. I love the rain, the smells, the dismal sky. I was a happy camper today. Rain makes me want to stay up late reading stories with the kids with just one little lamp on. It makes me want to cook warm food instead of cold, take a long hot bath, and get into my long johns and crawl into bed and read, which is what I will be doing in a few hours. Today was a mellow day. The kids had dentist appointments with our favorite dentist, Dr. Brown. Rylan had to get one more "sugar bug" out of his teeth so Dr. Brown gave his tooth a "hug". Too cute and too much fun. My guilty pleasure is chatting with all the cool dental hygienists. They are around my age and loads of fun to talk to. Nathan was invited to Wild Waves tomorrow so he is pretty excited. The kids that are going are beehives and deacons so it will be a lot of fun for all of them. For those of you wondering what the heck beehives and deacons are, come to church on Sunday and i'll explain. Wink wink.
Not much more to report. Life is good, I am happy, the kids are happy, my husband is happy and that's all that matters.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like the perfect day! I'm with you, I love the rain and being inside all snuggly with my family..only here, we dont have much rain, just snow..but its still a pretty close 2nd!