Thursday, August 5, 2010

The many faces of sickness

Good thing we came home when we did because now Mae, Rylan, Brennan, me AND daddy are sick. Daddy ended up staying home from work and was very relieved (or was he?) that we were coming home.
Mae seems okay as long as she can watch Dora (oh yes) and eat countless otter pops.
Brennan thinks he is fine, but is burning up. Rylan...poor guy is just sleeping the day away.
Luckily Myron and Nathan are away during all of this. I am missing them so terribly that this is my only consolation. They are healthy and having fun. Myron calls from Colorado every day. I ask him every day..."are you ready to come home"? He replies "nope". He is having a great time.
I can't check in on Nathan, but I know he is in his element. He is an avid bike rider now and was just asked to join an adult team here on the Island. I can't wait to tell him when he gets back!
As for me...I slept well last night. Even with the little sickos getting up here and there, I was happy to be back in my own bed with my fan a goin and the breeze from the window gently blowing my hot head...

No comments: