Monday, August 16, 2010

Point No Point








For the first time this summer, we were able to join our friends like we do every year,( 9 years now for us!) at Point No Point. I remember my own mom, taking all of us to meet our close friends. It would be fun to find a picture of my mom, Denise G, Karen K, Rehders...etc. Anyhow...It was a beautiful day and the Knights brought their boat and inner tubish...4 seater floaty/death ride mobile.

All the kids clamored for their turns. When it finally came to my turn (with Rylan, Julia and Sophie), large waves appeared as if from no where. They were taller than I was and knocked me over once. I had just put Rylan on the inner tube when they started and didn't have a chance to get his lifejacket on. I was panic stricken as each large wave nearly knocked him into the water. It was horrifying. I may be a bit dramatic, but Rylan can't swim and I feared that each wave could have potentially sucked him under, to be lost forever if he fell....
Yes, this is how I think and yes...this is precisely the reason I have panic attacks.
Anyhow...thanks to Grace's smart and quick "pulling in" techniques..she rescued the very scared Rylan and pulled him into the boat.
The rest of the day, Rylan was heard to be saying " That was like a tsunami"!!!
We had a great boat ride though, even though I wimped out half way through and claimed that "Rylan" was scared.

It was a great day and we stayed well into the evening. It's great to hang with friends, but even greater to enjoy it with just my little "brood".

Happy Summer everyone!

No comments: