Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Camp Trip 2010 DAY ONE

With summer not making much of an appearance and Shane not getting much of a vacation, we decided to take off for 5 days on a camping adventure.
You may remember our last trip to Lake Crescent on our moms trip, where Mae unexpectedly fell ill and we had to leave early. Well, we just didn't have camping out of our system and decided to head up after work on Friday.
We had planned to leave Sat. morning, but when I get something in my head...well....read on.
We got home at 6pm and gave ourselves 30 minutes to get our entire van packed for a 5 day adventure.
We left the house at 7pm. We arrived at Lake Crescent around 10:20 stopping briefly at Taco Bell and the gas station.
Wouldn't you know it....we couldn't find a camp site and it was dark. After spending 20+ minutes looking around, we approached the park ranger on his nightly rounds. He let us know that there were NO sites available. I put on my best sad face and let him know how very far we had just driven and that all 5 of my kids were fast asleep inside our van. What did he expect us to do? Well...he expected us to drive up a secluded road (his suggestion), 10 miles up the road and park at the bottom. There we would be able to sleep in our van legally.
WHAT?!
Well.....those of you that know me know that I am a world class pray-er. I have faith that can move mountains. I said a very heartfelt, sincere, 30 second prayer and asked Shane to pull around one more time through the first loop. Wouldn't you know it.....the second spot up was open. Prayer answered. We set up within 20 minutes and were out (zzzz)within 30.
Stay tuned for day #2. It gets much better!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow Katie! Can you please pray that I'll have an easy childbirth? And that my kids will stop teasing each other? And that our house value will go up? And . . . :-) I sure wish I had your faith.