Monday, August 2, 2010

15 years!




15 years ago today, I married my best friend. We met in January, were engaged just two weeks later and married 8 months after we met. It was a whirlwind romance with no common sense.
We just knew that we had to be together for always. We had our first three children immediately and had such joy being new and young parents. We have never spent a long time apart. The longest was while we were finishing building our home here on Bainbridge. I went down to stay with my dad for almost 3 weeks. We have been away from each other for more than 4 days, 3 times in 15 years. Even when we are apart for a day, we miss each other terribly. I am thankful for that. We argue, but never get too heated because it just makes us laugh. He's quiet,...I am too chatty, and yet somehow....we work...or maybe that is WHY we work. All I know is....wow we were young and I am so happy that I lucked out and got the best guy. He is loving, faithful, patient, hardworking and kind. Above all....he is the kindest person I know.
I love you Shane....

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations! You guys are adorable. It's great to see that you're still so much in love, probably even more so now, right?

Brooke said...

Congrats! You guys really are a great couple. I'm so glad to know you both.

Kate said...

Thanks guys. I am very blessed. And yes...I love him even more now then back then although...I wish the passion was what it was then! Hopefully as the kids get older, we can get some of that back!

Erin said...

Love the pictures....Congratulations! Isn't it fun to be married to your best friend?