Sunday, April 11, 2010

Why today was a great day....

I got loads of kisses today from Mae, which are a rare commodity, let me tell ya.

After visiting a dear friend, I was invited to come to her studio on Thursday nights to throw clay with the best of em. I haven't "thrown clay" since high school and I can't wait to sit in this studio with friends and CREATE!
I already have some ideas, but we'll see if I can pick it back up ...or not.

Nathan was an ever faithful raccoon protector. They are getting so confident, that they will come right up by the kids. I suppose it doesn't help that Shane feeds them now and then, but, the kids do have fun trying to chase them off. Funny thing is....the cat isn't even afraid of them. They have some sort of spoken agreement between them. I have even seen them all share a food plate with out any hissing or flinching !
Daddy is always the best story reader with all his funny voices and tickles. Tonight was a very funny book that we picked up at the library book sale yesterday, "Take Me Out of the Bathtub".
Silly lyrics set to classic songs. The kids were giggling the whole time. I can tell it is going to be a nightly event.
Myron was called as the President of his Deacons quorum. He was very excited and proud. We were too. He is such a special boy.
LOVE Sundays because we get to read so much. Brennan loves to read to the little ones too, which I loved because it meant that I was able to cook dinner for a change. I made a commitment to myself to cook dinner every night no matter how busy or tired we were. Well......last week, it didn't quite work out that way. Anyhow.....love the below photo and love Curious George, another great story bought at the book sale as well.
Anyhow....great day. I didn't add all the events which included a 5 minute baseball game, a heavenly barbecue with the team and the glorious sunshine and warm weather that allowed me to actually question if I needed any sunblock.

xo

No comments: