Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Great Great Day!

Great day

It's happened again....I have a whole camera full of cute, awesome photos of the kiddos and the fun times we have had lately and cannot for the life of me find my uploader cord!
It is SO frustrating how it pops up and disappears all the time.
Today was a great day. One of my artists/friends worked at the store for me until 1:30 or so which freed up my entire morning to hang with my little ones and hubby.
We headed to Poulsbo via the backroads along the water. I did this because if you know anything about me, you know my insane fascination with anything oceanic. I read on the Kitsap Suns facebook page that a couple of gray whales have been seen on and off for three whole days right down in the Poulsbo bay. We hung out for a while and my impatience got the best of me.
Well, if I couldn't see my whales, I decided that we should go to the Marine Science center (after an imperative stop at Sluys bakery to get the highly regarded chocolate doughnuts). They were closed! The kids were bummed, we were bummed. We decided the only way to make this day better would be to go to lunch at a great Mexican Rest. downtown and then head to the park afterwards, which we did. It was a great day....I shot some great photos. Really! Take my word for it. I headed back to work, hung out, met some great people, talked to my awesome "new" uncle Jim and got some paperwork done. Really...nice mellow day. Tonight Brennan had a baseball game and it was a close one. Now I am home, nice and warm in my jammies....kids are in bed and I am ready to get in bed with a good book.
It has been a great day. xo

2 comments:

Jenny said...

You deserved a day off! I like the idea of having the artists work in the store. Someone was saying you were going to start doing that on a rotating basis, like have each artist take one day a month or something. I thought it was a great idea, are you going to do that?

Kate said...

I wish! I sent the call out to all of my artists and have heard back from two. So...we'll see. I may up the percentage if I get no help.
xo