Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas tree oh Christmas tree.......








Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. We went to our good friends, The Bells home.
I have known them for over 20 years and it is always fun to laugh about the
past. They truly are family. We had a wonderful dinner and dessert and walked
away with a lot of leftovers. This was amazing considering there were 19 of us!
I did bake a 25lb turkey though, so that was nice. I will post a photo of all
of us together later on.
I was so anxious to start decorating as soon as we returned from dinner. Shane made
me wait, so Friday we headed over to our good friends home to cut down a tree.
They bought the old Gregg tree farm and offered us one of the trees. The rest they hope to keep, with the exception of a few here and there for friends.
We were so excited. We scored an 10 ft noble fir and trimmed it down to 8ft to fit
into our livingroom. The kids weren't as excited as me, but I didn't care. I was excited enough for everyone. After returning home, we trimmed the tree and hung up
our Christmas decorations. I love the way the house looks when ready for Christmas.
Happy Holidays to everyone!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you got a good tree! We ended up getting 4 on the mountain Saturday and I was going to see if you wanted one, but I'm glad you already got one. Our are a lot more "Charley Browny"!