Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rants and raves

I have a few rants I have to get out. Our family used to enjoy the show "Home Makeover" on ABC, now it is like the 500,000+ ring that a celebrity gives to his loved (for the moment) girlfriend. You know what I am talking about. A ridiculous ammount spent on an exquisite gift that could have fed a country. ABC has the right idea but not the right people. There are families all over the country that should be so lucky as to own a home, and ABC's qualified applicants are great people, i'll give them that much but do they really need a mansion? Take this example, a family that has a nice enough home, and yet doesn't have wheelchair access. What?? There are people all over that are in need, give THEM a home! Just my two cents.
On a lighter note, I received an amazing email from a parent of Myrons soccer teammate. Today, against my better judgement, I allowed Myron to play in his soccer tournament on a SUNDAY. I know I know, lord, strike me down now, but after a plea from not only his coaches, his teammates called and I gave in. I worked today and Brennan was sick, so I gave in to them. Tonight, after coming home from work, I was greeted by this awesome email. Trust me, I am not going to get in the habit of the kids playing on Sundays, but this was definitely a welcome message.
From Tara Beatie'

"We discovered a new chemical element in Kingston this weekend - "Myronium". We are seeking to have this powerful element added to the Periodic Table. Right before Plutonium and Uranium. Give me about 70 lbs of Myronium, and it seems there's not much I can't get done.

Myron was completely unintimidated by boys double his size. He was everywhere at once. He's more fun to watch than ANYTHING in my Netflix line-up. Just an FYI that you can be very proud of your kid. He's a very special guy".

- TB

Defitely a moms ego boost. No pictures, I am exhausted from crafting.
Ciao!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That's awesome! I've always said that Myron is one of the powerhouses on the team. I often wonder why Marquam doesn't keep him on the front line.

BTW - how did the games go? Did we win any? Do we play next weekend?

Kate said...

Myron has never been on the front line and prefers it that way. :)
He does best right where he is.
The team lost one and tied in the second and we will be playing again next week. The day of the bazaar! I never get to go to his games.