Monday, January 10, 2011

What we are reading....

It's January and for Christmas, we all got new books! Happy Reading.

Rylan, Mae and I are reading Tum Tum and Nutmeg. It is a fun Brittish story about two sweet little mice (yes....I can stand this book even though it has mice in the story. They wear clothes!).
I read this every night to them and they fall asleep every night to me reading. Is that a bad or a good thing? Rylan will tell me as he is falling asleep to please wake him up if there is a picture.
Brennan just loves this series. He is an avid reader and thinks these books are the best out there. He is also reading a book for school that he is really enjoying right now. The Watsons Go to Birmingham" about an african american family in the 60's.
Myron had a request on his Christmas list for a new series to start reading that did not involve fairies or magic etc. Hard challenge. We found this one about a young man that finds out that he has super powers. He is really loving this one.



I just started reading the following book. It's alright. I really loved Harry Potter and the description says that it is comparable to Harry Potter and the Narnia Chronicles, so I'll let you know.


After 2 years......Shane finally finished "The Glass Castle". Now he has moved on to the next best memoir below. It is incredible. Good luck Shane!


As for Nathan....he is as mysterious as ever and I have no idea what he is reading.
He is so overwhelmed with high school studies and getting up early for seminary, that he usually crashes at about 8:30 every night.
So that's all for now!
What are YOU reading??



No comments: