Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Eve Part 3!!




No more parts to this story. These sweet little children are who we came back to just in time to toast and shoot off fireworks. I ended up bearing my testimony today. I knew I would, but wish (as always) that I would have been more eloquent with my words. I had this urge to go up again just to explain what I REALLY meant the first time. Oh well. I hope some youth listened.
It really doesn't end just because you are an adult. Bad influences are around you your whole life, and at least for me,.....it doesn't get any easier, but......I know it is worth it. I know the reward at the end. I know that Satan knows each of our weaknesses very specifically and personally. I know that he wants nothing more than to see our sweet family be miserable because, that's what he does. I do testify of the importance of standing in holy places. I don't mean just church, or temples etc. I mean....being where the spirit can be as well.
If you aren't somewhere the spirit can be....it's time to leave. This all sounds like something I should be preaching to my children right? I mean.....it's a no brainer to every other LDS mom. Why didn't i get it before? Weyylll.......I did and I do......and I don't and I might......every day of my life. This is a tortured girl in here. I will be questioning my beliefs, my mind, my actions, my words every day until the day I die and I might never find the answers I am looking for but.....
at least I can try. I owe it to "him" to try my hardest.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You do get it, and you're a great example to your kids, and the girls you work with at church. You're so real, not afraid to talk about temptations or pretend they don't exist for you and others. Everybody struggles, just not everyone admits it!