Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kitchen Help

I love it when the kids help with dinner. Every time I get to the stove, my little ones beg to help.
Tonight, Rylan and Mae helped garnish the salmon and make the fruit salad. We decided to use coconut cream with the fruit and it was delicious. At dinner, we play a game. I ask the kids to name the ingredients/spices I use in their dinners. I have this fear of them heading off to their missions and schools not knowing how to feed themselves properly. This is my italian heritage.
I always want to feed people. If you ever visit my home, you will know.
Tonight we had sockeye salmon with lemon, garlic and rosemary with baby red potatoes and fresh asparagus. I find that even my picky kids eat what they cook.
Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks delicious! I try letting my kids help in the kitchen, but it's very hard for me. I don't really enjoy cooking so I want to get it done with ASAP and it always takes longer when they help. Shame on me, I know!

Brooke said...

Ugh, I'm with Jenny. I hate it when my kids beg to help in the kitchen (except Micah. He's actually a great cook.)

And hey, you love to cook, I love to eat! We make a great pair. :-)

Laurene Ross said...

They are so cute....I know Mae is just dying to be in charge.