Sunday, February 21, 2010

I heart NiJo Sushi and Grill (oh, and Seattle too)

Last Friday was glorious. Beautiful, sunny.....G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S. You hot weather folk can scoff now, but for us....it was perfect. Great day to wander into Seattle for a cash register. I know, random right? Well, I have been very stubborn about not spending a lot for one and lucky me, my weeks of patience (big deal for me) paid off . I scored a next to new cash register for just 30.00! Never you mind that I ended up parking 7 stories up in a parking garage farther than ones that would have been tons closer ( I didn't notice those). It was creepy, dark and I was in fear for my life that a rat would pop out. Don't worry......I survived and was able to take the below amazing shot of the water coming back from Seattle.
You may remember THIS post last month. Friends and I found this amazing restaurant "NiJo".
"Nijo"? You say? Yes....not NOBU like I posted. Darn those chinese/japanese/koreans? and their tough words.
Anyhoo...ever since that night, I have been hoping,dreaming,wanting,praying (well, not praying) of when I could get back there. It just so happened that I missed the 12:20? ferry and had to wait until the 1:10 which gave me 40 minutes to head straight over and even have time to greedily eat my nummies. First on the menu......fried banana. I am showing you the next photo because frankly.....
By the time I took my camera out....they were gone. I was so excited that I didn't even think about the bill until I opened the box. 16.00 for a sushi roll and seriously 4 bites of fried banana goodness. 8.00 for 4 bites! As I took each bite....I chewed as slowly as I could because no way will I ever pay that much again. Seriously though.....the best thing I have EVER tasted. Temple night when we all went, we were there so late that we got Happy Hour prices. 5- for each plate of food.
After this photo, I candidly licked the entire box.
The next, I took time to photograph while chewing the first piece. This roll is called "The Bainbridge Islander". Fresh salmon, shrimp, cucumber, spicy sauce...roe. etc.
Best sushi roll I have ever had.
Well, there you have it. Anyone ever in the downtown area after 10pm, check out their happy hour and please....get me a fried banana dessert!!

No comments: