Friday, February 5, 2010

T'was the night before leasing....

When Sandra (my godmother/second mom/big sister etc.) comes, she likes to get a hotel room here. This time she got a room with two queen sized bed in hopes of enticing me to stay the night with her and get a much needed good night sleep. Of course I didn't stay, that would involve me leaving my kids and you all know how I get about that. Anyhow, the plan was to get ALL the paperwork together, organized, and evaluated before signing the final lease on my shop today.
We (meaning she) got it all ready and we were able to soak in the hot tub for a little bit, eat at the buffet and enjoy each others company.
I have to stop and focus on Sandra as I write this. Since we first met when I was 12, we have always had this amazing friendship. She was that fun older spunky woman that understood everything I was going through as a teen and congratulated me on all of it! Here she is 22 years later and still in my life. Ready at the drop of a hat to drive the 4 hours it takes to get here, to pay upwards of 150.00 a night at hotels to help me look through my paperwork, get my business ready and have an arm around me the entire time to tell me how proud of me she is.
Today......this is my HAPPY!


PS- TODAY I am a store owner! I will be practically living at the store from today on (except Sundays), so if you ever want to come by and visit or take little Mae and Ry for a much needed walk, please please PLEASE feel free!

No comments: