Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Thoughts

First happy thought:
How much I love one of my best friends, Rachel. I feel so blessed to be able to live right where I grew up. So many familiar faces that have been through good times and bad with me. Rach and I have been the closest of friends since we were 13 years old. We have many many memories together. All silly and fun. I am so happy that she is on the Island and is a mommy to my sweetheart Grayson and is still in my life.
Second happy thought:
Today I met with the owner of our Bainbridge Blue Grass Festival for our walk through of the area. For those of you who do not know. Norm Johnson has been doing this festival for 6 years and it is his baby much like Indie Banditas is mine. I have tried to incorporate music into each one of my shows and I just haven't been able to put the energy into it like I would like to.
Cue Norm. From now on, Norm will handle the music. We had a moment today, standing in the rain at Battlepoint, looking at where the music festival will be which is next to where my bazaar will be. He put his arm around me and said..."my baby and your baby" and we got a little teary eyed. It is going to be amazing. Bluegrass bands from all over the West Coast and handmade art.

My third and very HAPPIEST are these amazing little women that are all mine for an hour every other week. What an amazing calling to get to teach these sweet girls what I know (or don't, but get to learn with them). Tonight we worked on babysitting bags to hold their informative but NONboring papers, fun toys and misc. to take on babysitting trips. These girls have the funniest sense of humors and I thank my lucky stars that I get to share their company.
Now, that's just three of my many many many happy's for today.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I worked with Norm a couple of times with Shari W. on some projects while I was there. He really is fantastic...fantastic. :) hooray for you.

and THANK YOU for the kind words about my bag. tell you what, I'm going to get my act together and design my own bag to sell at your happiness. in fact, there are a few other items I could buy the "license to sell" from one of my favorite bloggers--madebyrae.blogspot.com --a small purse/bag and a child's backpack..I'm tempted to see if they would work too.
let's be in touch, yo! :)