Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Mae Mae













Mae turned 2 today. It's hard to believe she is ONLY two! She seems beyond her years already.
The kids couldn't wait for her to wake up this morning, so they all jumped in my bed to try to coax her to wake up. Finally at about 7:30 am.....she gave in and came out into the livingroom. We always decorate the night before so the kids can wake up to their surprise. Mae was shaking, yes shaking in excitement. She kept saying " Oh, I looove it". She sat on the couch and everyone showered with her with her gifts. Giving a girl presents is so much fun. She got so excited and happy. It may just have been the fact that she could rip open something, make a mess and not get in trouble for it.
We hung out at home, today and Mae and I took a long nap. One of her presents was a vintage Raggedy Ann and Andy book about lost toys. I realized as we read it, that I had owned it as a child, so it was truly a gift for us both.
Tonight Brennan had an All Star baseball scrimmage game in preparation for their big county tournament this weekend. The wind was a blowin, but it was a great night.
I made Mae's birthday cake again this year, but used fondant for the first time. It turned out OK. I am proud of it for being my first attempt. After Brennan's game, we came home and sang her Happy Birthday and let her blow the candles out.
Out of all of her presents, she loves the wooden fold up dollhouse with furniture that I scored off of Island moms for 15.00. Awesome!
Here are some photos from today. I finally found my upload cord.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday Mae!

Kristen said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl!!

Jenny said...

Wow, two already! She's such a sweetie. I love the dollhouse. Does this mean you don't want mine? I need to get rid of it if you don't...

Ashley said...

What an adorable kid! It's fun to see how much you enjoy her.