Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blogging vs. keeping a journal

I have avidly kept a journal since I was able to write. This is something that my mother instilled in me as a child. It was something I did up until the blogging world swept me up. I used to paint, write poems etc in those pages and it is great fun to go back and read them. Now, technology has taken over and I have taken the easier route. I always felt the guilt if I hadn't written in a while. Guilt for a busy week and the knowledge that getting behind would mean a lot of writing to catch up.
I devised a way to catch myself up. Code words. So...in the next paragraph, will be words that I will understand later on, and words that you may not. Words that will remind me of what happened this past weekend, that may be too painful to go into or too lengthy to write about. Here's to symbolization and a quick way for me to "get it all out". You may just wish to browse the pictures and move on. I may too!
Cheers,
Kk

Bazaar, Greg, Kelly and Tara coming from Bellingham, Dad meeting us at the beach with Haley fresh from the ferry and building a fire at Fay Bainbridge to wait for the Bellingham brood. Myron missing his last practice on Friday and Nathan missing his game. Waking up early, early for me. 7am. Chaos Friday morning organizing and reorganizing artists because layout was left at home. No time with sisters. Saturday. Baseball games. Rylans last game missed. Dad goes to Rylans game. Didn't see sisters. Myrons shows up in tears. Coach wouldn't let him play. Couldn't even sit in the dugout. Overwhelmed, what to do. Bazaar goes well. Crazy, but well. Concert amiss. No one shows. Embarrassment, but it was fine. Musicians are okay, but not sure about one. Clean up but where were siblings? No offer to help. Saturday night, Gregs birthday. Sisters again don't sleep at my house. No time spent. Sunday, mess. Get on ferry with kids and Shane to attend Mariners game.
I wasn't going to go the previous night because we were minus a ticket. Death stare from dad.
Get on ferry anyways. Dad comments on concert flop and demeans me in such a way that I rush to the first private bathroom stall with Mae in tow to let the tears flow. No one could ever hurt me like my dad. Revalation. Walk to dad sitting with brother, girlfriend and sisters. Look him straight in the eyes, tears flowing and let him know that he is the meanest person I have ever met. That I can have no more relationship with him. As soon as I get off the ferry I board again.
Shane tells dad off. Shane and kids get on the next ferry to follow me back. Such love and protection from this family. All my own. Migraine. Good friend picks up family and brings them home. No goodbye. Dad leaves the next day. Remorse. Was I right or wrong? Right but it feels wrong. Sorry Haley. Again I am tagged "dramatic Kathryn". Wont let anyone treat me this way, so why my dad? Raw. Feelings on the surface. I could cry at the drop of a hat all day. Monday.
They have left. I feel empty. There it is...........they are gone. No apology. Brennan has game. They win! Talk to Myrons coach and wife, feel better. Mistake was made. Lesson learned. Spend day with Nonny and kids. Feel better. Angel reading next month. Tuesday. Nathan playoff, loss. Brennan playoff. Loss. Brennan hits triple. Yay. Myron, not doing well in school. Nathan either. hold them back? Will they hate me. In the long run, they will thank me. What to do? Temple trip tomorrow. Good friend. Be positive!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

We have lots to talk about on the temple trip. I'm so glad you're going!

Erin said...

Sending you hugs!

Kate said...

Thanks Erin. xoxo