Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baseball is O-V-E-R!!


I do say this with a little hesitation because Brennan may be accepted as an All Star and play in that league this summer and Myron will be playing for an outside team "The Brewers". For now it is over and it is nice to be able to watch our friends games without being nervous. Today was a special day as a dear friend took out her endowments finally. She had been ready for years and years, but wanted to wait for her husband to join the church. I am so glad that she finally decided to do it. A bunch of us went together and it was truly a special experience once we got there. The ride TO the temple was an experience as well. Thank you M for the "nuts" blunder and for breaking my spirit bubble. POP! Speaking of spirit bubble. Rylan stated to me yesterday that I am lying about him having a "spirit bubble". I tried to explain that it is a metaphor, but he wouldn't hear it. He said to me "mom, if I have a spirit bubble, then why can't I hear it pop?" It was too cute. Back to the temple.....Inside was fun as well, although I actually dozed off during the session. It's happened, the appeal is wearing off! To my credit though, I have gone 3 times this past month. It was a great experience and it was so special to see my dear friend so happy.
Tonight we went to support the other baseball teams and hung out to watch J and L play their game. I always love my time with Brooke my new guru and of course Nonny and Nora.
I am posting photos from yesterday. It was a lovely day and we heard tale that a 1 month old donkey was available for a photo op and maybe even a pat or two. We headed straight down. B, we should take the girls on our "beach,garden,picnic day". Anywhoo....Mae was adorable and it was great fun.




Yes, she tried to climb the rail to get in with the donkeys.


The mormon 4 for now. D, C, H and R. With all the new families moving into the ward, we'll see how big this group gets. Too cute.
Brennan had a great last game. He scored a triple. I am pretty sure it would have been a home run if we were at the Rotary fields. At the Hidden Cove fields, there are no fences. It was amazing. Just minutes before, he had stormed up to me, upset that I had bribed him with 30 minutes computer time for every base after 1st. He had struck out after I said that. He was upset with me for throwing off his mojo by bribing him. Minutes later he was up to bat and hit a triple. I wish I would have gotten a photo of his face and finger pointing at me after he arrived at 3rd base. It was priceless.
Great season, great games. Parents were fun, mostly tipsy a lot, but loads of fun.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I thought you were "considering" having Myron play with the Brewers???

I love the picture of the Mormon 4. They're such cute boys.