Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh.....Mae






Mae is
-a impersonator
-sassy
-an avid climber
-escape artist
-master mess maker
-copycat
-a child Taz would be proud of
She wakes up running and resists falling asleep at night. As she is getting older 18 months to be exact, I am really starting to get worried about the terrible 2's. Is this something my fragile sanity can handle? Here is a typical day in the life of Mae.
Yesterday for example. She managed to climb onto the top bunk in the boys room, throw a roll of tp in the toilet, purposely spill two cups of milk just to see our reaction, take off every diaper she wears, dump all contents out of my purse,
climb on top of her kitchen set, computer monitor etc, manage to unwind my crocheted blanket, terrorize the cat, draw with crayon on our hardwood floors, rip out a book page out of my vintage 1900 dictionary....you get the drift.
Everytime she is out of my sight, I am scared at the end result.
Here are a few photos so you can get the "picture". She does all this with the cutest little smile that lets you know that she knows exactly what she's doing.
Her favorite phrase is "for no reason". She says some jumble and then finishes "for no reason". Her brother Rylan says this all the time about getting picked on by his brothers. " Brennan hit me for no reason", very animated. So now she says this all the time if she gets picked on. I'll write more later about the rest of the kids which are so easy in comparison. All is well, life is good. Ciao for now.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You're in for it! Good thing she's so cute, huh? I'll tell you, I don't miss those days.

Brooke said...

Hey, I fully understand what you're going through and you have my full sympathy.

I'm still trying to figure out what is happening in the video. Is she hitting Shane with a flashlight?

Erika said...

I understand! Have you tried the crayola washables...We've banned every other crayon from our house. They are great and not a big deal when they color on walls, furniture...