Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Brennan cooks!




There are some benefits to Shane being out of work. Some. One of which is the fact that Shane taught Brennan how to make eggs. Not scrambled, over easy. This was Monday morning. Since then, I have awoken every morning to breakfast in bed with a special note, yogurt and a glass of milk. Since Monday, we have gone through two dozen eggs as well. His brothers figured out how to use Brennans new found love of cooking to their advantage. Tonight, I asked him if he wanted to bake cookies by himself. Of course he was over the moon excited. As they are baking right now, the smells are lovely and I can't wait to take a bite of a delicious sugar cookie that I didn't have to bake myself. :)
On another note, ...Mae's cute moment for today was just a little bit ago when she wandered into the kitchen with permanent pens in each hand as she "applied" her eye makeup. That's what I get for not noticing the quiet.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Phew! When I saw the picture, I thought those were cuts around Mae's eye. Glad it's just marker!

Jenny said...

It's fun to have kids who like to cook. Nate took the Foods class this past semester and came home with several good recipes. He makes great Choc. Chip cookies, and pancakes!