Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Tonight Myron dug up his "mini" harvest for dinner. I am not a seasoned farmer, so his crop was a little sparce. Nevertheless, we had a great salad that joined our table more as a decoration rather than a nutritional moment. Those are radishes to the left. They turned out to be more of a root than a vegetable. He was very proud and after all, isn't this what it is all about in the end?


Our mighty harvest dinner. The goal was to have a meal that was cultivated right here on the Island. It was fun to go to the farmers market on Saturday and find some seasonal treats.


My big accomplishment of the night was this nightgown that I sewed! Obviously Mae doesn't share the excitement, but I was so happy to complete my first ever creation. After paying 20 dollars on sale for a nightgown, I was ready to try it on my own. We went to the Hansens last night for FHE and my good friend Leslie helped me read the pattern. FYI, Mae is upset because the poor baby just got her shots today. We were also informed that she has lost weight, and needs to gain weight within this next month to be considered "normal". She is 22 lbs which is only 2 lbs more than she weighed at 9 months.



Life is good. Busy, but good.



1 comment:

Jenny said...

That little red riding hood sure is adorable!