Sunday, October 19, 2008

Past few days in review







I don't know how I ever had time to blog every day before. I haven't been able to find any time in the last several days to sit down here and write.

Fall is just gorgeous here. The leaves are yellow, orange, red and brown. Just lovely. It makes me want to cook (i'm baking bread as I type) and craft. This weekends hobby was painting. I love the artist, Mitsumasa Anno. Not sure on the spelling of that name, but anyhow. I am attaching a photo of his work. I wish I would have taken a photo of the small painting I did, but I gave it to my little buddy Liam today. I'll post it later if I can sneak a photo next time I am at their home. It has been a lot of fun and I didn't realize how much I missed painting.

Friday night we were invited to "Shabbat" at a friends home. I was so excited to learn all about her Jewish customs. We had a beautiful dinner and lots of intriguing conversation. In the photo below, C is inside their "Sukkah" which was built in their backyard. She explained to all of us about the plants and the fruit (sorry C, I can't remember the name!) and their symbolism.
It was truly fascinating and spiritual.
After having snack in the Sukkah, we proceeded to the dinner table that facilitated 13 of us! It was a sight to be seen. C, you are a most gracious hostess and fed us very well. The songs were special and we are so thankful to have experienced a traditional Shabbot.
Here is C in the kitchen, standing behind her beautiful candles. After that evening, I have decided that I would like to start taking Judaism classes at Kol Shalom. I am just so interested in all the symbolism. C, you should start a blog!
Saturday we basically stuck close to home except for the evening. Shane and the boys went to clean the church and my good friend Rhonda and I went to Lynnwood Theater to catch the documentary, "Good Food". It was a good film and I can't wait for R to get her garden set up so that I can come have a little spot as well.
Anyhow, things are busy, but great. I'll post photos of the kids next time.
Check out our great Fall nature scene that we just put together last week.
The kids and I had so much fun putting it together and making new little items to add to it.


No comments: