Monday, October 20, 2008

Mamanummas

Yes, Mamanummas. That is what I have called Myron since he was an infant. He is just the sweetest, kindest little guy and I had the pleasure of his company tonight while at Suyematsu farms to get some butternut and acorn squash. I had to get a a photo of him while there. Look, he is even dressed in fall colors! He is so confident and friendly with people. He had a whole conversation with the woman working there and continued to talk about how pleasant she was on the way home. Watch out ladies....he's a smooth talker.
Tonight after dinner and FHE, we started this funny little book. It was written 50 years ago so the terminology is quite funny. There were many words and sayings I had to guess on, but it was a fun silly book nevertheless. I love to read my children old books. I think society dumbs our children down so much nowadays. Where are the big words and fantastical plots? Look for books at least 30 years old and you will be in for a real treat. 90% of our childrens books are older than 20 years.
I love cooking in the fall. Tonight I made a classic meat and potatoes dish that I grew up on at Grandma and Grandpas farm, with a twist. Mashed fresh red potatoes with fresh garlic, slow roasted...um...roast and homemade bread from last night, with of course,.....ample pan gravy.
It was delicious. Tomorrow I will attempt to make Butternut squash from the beautiful squash I bought this evening at the farm.


Above is the view from one corner of my front deck. I love looking out and seeing the trees. I much prefer the trees to our sometimes water view.

Happy Fall again to everyone!

No comments: