Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Catch me if you can



Add Video




Yes, it was a great film and now the story of my life. I have never been this busy. I am chair of the 4th grade Haunted House, trying to get a handmade bazaar together by the 21st of Nov, mom of 5, blah blah blah.... it's insane. Not included are my daily running arounds, callings, apts, sports..aka mom taxi . It is enough to scream "Calgon, take me away". Remember that old commercial? I remember watching it as a child and feeling so horrible for the mother in the commercial and so relieved to see her smiling, finally sitting in a bubble bath. Snap back to reality...any time I try to take a bath, just a regular bath mind you, (I'm not picky), my little ones hear the water and come running like it's an ice cream truck. I know there are those of you that think bathing with your young ones is just wrong, but please.....my little ones still sleep in my bed too, so pick your battle.
Anyhow.....here are some fun photos and a video or two. Mae has become a talking machine. She sings "twinkle twinkle little star" (see video and it's towards the end), she sings her alphabet and counts. She speaks 3 word sentences and is totally blowing her other brothers out of the water in terms of milestones. I mean...I always knew girls were smarter, but wow. Wink wink*, but really though. Last week Nathan and I attended a lovely knitting group at Church Mouse yarns. It was fun and we got to spend time with our good friends. Brennan turned 10 last Friday. He was sick for it and had to miss his football game the following day, but it was a success as far as presents go. He finally got a BB gun. I have been so opposed to this, but Shane has assured me that he is old enough and so far he is being very safe and respectful with it. AKA, no shooting out windows or squirrels from trees. Nathan is in jazz band and is loving his teacher. Myron is playing soccer and doing great in school. Rylan is obsessed with kidnappers now ever since we had the "stranger" conversation. Last week, Shane took the boys to the park while I was working and apparently, a disheveled old man looked the kidnapper type and without hesitation, Rylan yelled out across the park to Shane, " Dad, is THAT the kidnapper"? Needless to say, Shane was about 10 shades of red. Everyone is doing well and fall has settled among us. It is lovely outside and crisp and I think fall just be my favorite season.

Mae singing twinkle twinkle little star. Mae enjoying a birthday cupcake

Oh yeah! The coveted gun and cutie patootie Nathan below at Churchmouse Yarns
Brennan's favorite dish that I cook is pot pie, so I made him his very own. He also wanted and received a bottle of Febreeze also. How weird is this kid?
Mae's new favorite place to go hang out and hide.
Mae absolutely loves to help me in the kitchen already. Every night as I am making dinner, she comes to my legs and says "mommy, up". I place her on the counter and she helps me in little ways. Here she is making the salad by putting the cranberries and walnuts in.
Myron and I came up with a fun (for him) truth and dare game to make the time pass by quicker when he works with me at Lollipops. Everytime I would lose at solitaire (during an especially slow time) I had to choose a truth or dare. Obviously, I chose dare. After he took the above photo of me, I was on the phone and then some customers came in. I had completely forgotten I had the hat on and was holding the baby.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's so funny about the kidnapper thing. For about the past year or so, in their prayers both Ben and Jillian say "please bless that no one will come into our house at night." I guess they really take those talks to heart!