Tuesday, February 22, 2011

California Vacation day 2/3 Train ride

When we left off (Sat night) Shane and I were headed to dinner in downtown Seattle.
It was so fun. We took a taxi and headed down to NiJo, a japanese restaurant that I love.
Shane loved it too. It was very romantic and we had a great time.
Sunday morning, we took another taxi to the train station with a very rude muslim driver.
Turns out...taxi drivers do not like it when you pay with a credit card. Oh well.
The train was loooong. It was fine until we wanted to sleep.
I took the kids to the Diner on the train expecting some good food. Nope. I paid 13.50 for what I thought would be a great spinach lasagna. What was it? Bertolli frozen lasagna reheated and some frozen soggy vegetables. Bleck. Oh well. Now we know.
Time for bed. The kids did fine. Shane, Nathan and I pretty much stayed up all night. At one point, I ended up on the floor with my body stretched out under the seats. I may do that one again.
As we reached Oakland, Sacramento etc. we started to see da hoods. Tent cities and garbage littered (literally) the train tracks.
We loved the graffiti. It's art, albeit destructive.

Mae loved the train.
So beautiful. It looks like Ireland!
And home sweet home. We arrived to LA at 11pm last night and Shanes sister, brother and brother in law picked us all up. We arrived home to food blessed food and soft warm beds.
Today, we woke up at 8:30 to SUN! Not just sun...WARM sun!! Tomorrow we head to Disneyland for two days.
I'll post more in a few days when we recover from Disneyland and the hotels!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This is so much fun to read/watch! Looking forward to the rest of your vacation posts.