Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just RUN!

I never knew how addicting running could be. Not that I run the entire time, but I am running most of it at least. Tonight, Nonny and I went for a 4 mile run in the rain. She enticed me by saying that she would be at my pace because she hadn't ran in a while.......um......right! She could have run the whole time AND was able to talk the entire time. I could barely talk except the occasional, "yeah, wow......" and other one word phrases in between my labored breaths. The rain felt incredible even though we were soaked by the time we got back. I was happy to have a running companion when a suspicious big rig kept driving by, turning around and driving by again. 4 times in all, but Nonny had a genius plan of jumping into the bushes, so this we did until the truck went by again. I have to admit, it was fun. It took me back to the high school days when that was our favorite clean and fun thing to do.....jump in bushes when cars would come to avoid getting caught being out. Anyhow....about 1/4 of a mile before Nonnys house, we broke into a fast run and I SO wanted to stop, but she encouraged me on and I did it. SO tired tonight. I will be sore AGAIN tomorrow, but it is a great loop. Come join us some night. 5:15pm, 4 mile loop near Fay Bainbridge.
xo

1 comment:

Brooke said...

You are inspiring!! I don't know if I could even WALK 4 miles, let alone run it. Keep it up!