Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Interviewed and photographed....


Yesterday was my big interview with the editor of the Bainbridge Review, our local newspaper.
Today was my big photo session with a photographer that came all the way from Everett to shoot an artsy edgy photo of me. It was exciting. My friend and makeup artist, met me at Nonny's house to do my hair and makeup so that I looked very 50's ish. At the end of the makeup and hair session, Hyrum came up to me and said ..."KK, you look.....weird". Not the comment I was hoping for. He said..."You don't look like YOU". I said....is that good or bad, he said " Bad" and got upset.
Apparently, makeup doesn't suit me. I just don't look reckognizable. Norah, would barely even come to me afterwards. I have to admit, I felt like I had a mask on with all the fake lashes and makeup. It took over an hour to do and I could NEVER take the time (or would want to) do that!
I am fine with mascara and lipstick (on a good day). Anyhow, the shoot went great and I can't wait to see the final product out this Friday! If you get a copy, please save it for me. Chances are I will totally forget. My brain isn't right these days!

Ps- This is a photo my hubby took, I will post the ones that the makeup artist took later on.
You can't tell how 50's my hair is in this one, and I shed the eyelashes and hair do as soon as the shoot was over.