Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Sabbath



Today, we played hooky from church. Nathan was feeling ill, Mae had a runny nose, and with the Swine Flu running rapid, we opted to stay home. I was so happy to get to cook dinner tonight. With baseball season underway, we haven't had a dinner at home for a long time. Mae was so excited to cook with me and I was happy to do so. For dinner we had pasta with lemon, cream and fresh basil sauce, topped with fresh shrimp, mushrooms, baby bok choy and halibut. It was delicious. I think next time, I will not add halibut.
Here's how I did it. (Photo below is of my weird boys. Shane decided to put glue in Myrons hair)

I cooked some egg noodles and set them aside.
I sauteed the bok choy and mushrooms in chicken broth with the uncooked shrimp.
As the halibut cooked, I put the vegies and shrimp in a separate bowl and used the broth to make
the sauce.
The sauce included a rue (flour and butter), the extra broth from the sautee and half and half.
I mixed in some basil and salt and pepper.
The shrimp had such a great flavor and texture. They were mexico fresh water gulf shrimp and were so sweet.

1 comment:

Laurene Ross said...

My name is Laurene and I stumbled on to your blog while looking for any info I could find on the Bainbridge Ward. We are relocating to the Seattle area from Richmond VA. I am trying to figure out the best place to live for our family. I would love any info you could share with me. We have four kids, Three boys and a little girl, 12,9,6 and 3. Thanks so Much.